High School Equivalency Preparation & Testing » High School Equivalency (HSE) Exams

High School Equivalency (HSE) Exams

We proudly offer two California approved high school equivalency tests for students 18 years old and older, and 17 years old in some instances, for the purpose of receiving a California High School Equivalency Certificate (formerly known as the GED Certificate):

  • GED®
  • HiSET®

Examinees must be 18 years of age and a photo ID is required.  Students who successfully pass the test will be issued a California High School Equivalency Certificate from the State of California.

How do you know which exam is best for you?  It is best to do some research. Links to each exam is provided below.

General Educational Development Test (GED®)

Publisher:  Pearson Vue Testing Service

The 2014 GED® test is offered in a computer-based format, although paper-based versions of the 2002 GED test are currently available for test takers requiring accommodations, and those at correctional facilities participating in the Transitional Waiver Program. Read more about the GED® Exam on their website.

Lynwood Community Adult School is a Pearson Vue Testing Center. You can take your GED® Exam here!


Publisher:  Educational Testing Service (ETS)

The HiSET will be offered in paper-based format. Information about this test is available on the HiSET Web site.

HiSET Test Taker Letter

Lynwood Community Adult School is a HiSET Testing Center.  View/Print the testing schedule on this page.


Updated: 09/14/2023; SR