High School Credit Recovery
Lynwood Community Adult School welcomes co-enrolled high school students (11th and 12th graders, ages 16 - 18, from the Lynwood Unified School District and surrounding districts) who need to recover credits from classes in which they earned a failing grade or did not meet the A-G grade requirements.
Lynwood Community Adult School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges through 2024. All LCAS high school diploma credit courses (including Independent Studies) are UC a-g approved.
Students enrolling in Lynwood Community Adult School’s Credit Recovery program may enroll in maximum of two academic/high school diploma and/or Career Technical Education (CTE) electives such as Introduction to Spreadsheets, Introduction to Word Processing, Introduction to Presentations, Office Procedures, and Keyboarding I or II.
Lynwood Community Adult School’s academic/high school diploma and CTE elective classes are offered on a semester schedule (slightly different than LUSD’s semesters – see the semester schedules on the Concurrent Enrollment Agreement). To view the class offerings and schedules, click here. Please note, concurrently enrolled students may attend the 5:00 - 8:30 PM session ONLY.
- Students must be 16 years of age or older on or before the beginning of the term, AND in the eleventh or twelve grade.
- Students may enroll for a MAXIMUM OF TWO CLASSES ONLY.
- Students must submit the following at the time of registration:
- Completed LCAS Registration Form OR begin the registration process online:
- New Students
- Continuing/Returning Students (students who have enrolled in credit recovery classes at Lynwood Community Adult School in the previous school year).
- 2020 – 2021 Concurrent High School Student Enrollment Agreement completed, reviewed and signed by counselor, parents and student.
Students from all other Districts:
In addition to the requirements and documents listed above for students of LUSD, students from all other districts must also submit the following:
- A letter from his/her counselor written on school letterhead giving the student permission to attend the Lynwood Community Adult School. Without the letter on the school’s letterhead, we will not enroll the student.
The student, his/her parent(s) and counselor agree to the following conditions for receiving a grade and credits for the course:
- Students must satisfactorily complete all assignments and exams.
- Students must arrive punctually to class at 5:00 PM and stay for the duration of the class OR until dismissed by the teacher, principal-designee or the principal.
- Students must maintain consistent and regular attendance – There are NO excused absences.
- Students will adhere to School Dress Code.
- Students will adhere to the Code of Conduct and Behavior.
Thank you, for your help in making the enrollment process for your student a smooth transition. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or Mrs. Lawrence at (310) 604-3096.
- 2020 – 2021 Concurrent High School Student Enrollment Agreement (Revised 08/21/2020)
- 2020 - 2021 LCAS Application & Registration Form (Revised 07/23/2019) OR click here to create an online account and put your student’s name on the list for registration.
- Lynwood Community Adult School Student Status Definitions (for Section 11a on the LCAS Application & Registration Form)
- Lynwood Community Adult School Student Programs Definitions (for Section 11b on the LCAS Application & Registration Form)