Medical Assistant Training at Lynwood Community Adult School
The Medical Assistant program has two modules: Back Office and Front Office. Each module may be taken individually. You increase your employment opportunities by taking both.
In the Medical Assistant Back Office Module you will learn about principles of infection control, diagnostic tests, medications, administering injections and more. Registration for the Back Office Module begins on August 3, 2021.
In the Medical Assistant Front Office Module, you will learn secretarial, clerical and reception skills needed to work in the medical front office. Registration for the Front Office Module begins on December 1, 2021.
Registration & Class Location
- Register online beginning December 1, 2021. Incoming students are required to take a placement test.
- Classes are held at 11277 Atlantic Avenue, Lynwood, CA 90262.
- Student parking is available in the school's parking lot.
Placement Exam schedule:
- Placement tests are scheduled on Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 AM & 5:30 PM, starting in December 2021.
- The exam duration is about 1 hours.
- A link to schedule your placement test will be included in the registration confirmation email.
- Placement Test Location:
- 4050 E. Imperial Highway, Lynwood, CA 90262 (@ Lynwood High School on Imperial Hwy).
- Look for the Adult School office located where the Administration and gymnasium buildings meet.
- Parking is available in the parking garage located on the west side of the Lynwood High School campus (to the right of the entrance when facing the school).