Medical Assistant Training at Lynwood Community Adult School
The Medical Assistant program has two modules: Back Office and Front Office. Each module may be taken individually. You increase your employment opportunities by taking both.
In the Medical Assistant Back Office Module you will learn about principles of infection control, diagnostic tests, medications, administering injections and more. Registration for the Back Office Module begins on August 3, 2022.
In the Medical Assistant Front Office Module, you will learn secretarial, clerical and reception skills needed to work in the medical front office. Registration for the Front Office Module begins on January 17, 2023.
Registration & Class Location
- Register online beginning August 1, 2022. Incoming students are required to take a placement test.
- Classes are held at 11277 Atlantic Avenue, Lynwood, CA 90262.
- Student parking is available in the school's parking lot.
Placement Exam schedule:
- Placement tests are scheduled on Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12:00 PM & 6:00 PM, starting in August 2022.
- The exam duration is about 1 hour.
- Placement Test Location:
- 4050 E. Imperial Highway, Lynwood, CA 90262 (@ Lynwood High School on Imperial Hwy).
- Look for the Adult School office located where the Administration and gymnasium buildings meet.
- Parking is available in the parking garage located on the west side of the Lynwood High School campus (to the right of the entrance when facing the school).
Want to Know More about Medical Assisting?
Click here to read the summary guide about Medical Assistants on the State of California's Employment Development Department's website.
Click here to read more about Medical Assistants on the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook website.