The Vocational Nurse course prepares the qualified individual to perform basic nursing care in the health care facility. Instruction includes both classroom and clinical training with an emphasis on the nursing process and the relationship to patient care procedures, infection control, and medication administration. The integrated curriculum includes anatomy and physiology, growth and development, and pathology as it relates to the health care needs of patients. Students receive clinical training in health care facilities. Upon successful completion of the Vocational Nursing course, students are prepared for the licensure examination offered by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
The course meets the requirements of the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
** Due to the limited size of the class, there is a selection process in order to enroll in the Vocational Nursing program. All prospective students must take a placement exam. Students who successfully complete all entrance exams will be notified by mail.
Steps to Enroll in the LVN Program
- Do you meet the requirements: High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET)? Are you eligible to be fingerprinted?
- Create or log in to your student account https://lynwood.asapconnected.com/Login
- If you already have a student account, make sure you are able to login to your account. If you need assistance, call the office (310) 604-3096, option 8, during business hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM or send an email to [email protected].
- Register for an Orientation and Placement Test Session (see below).
- The initial placement test is a reading comprehension and math test. LCAS does not offer preparation materials for the test.
- Please carefully follow the registration process until you have checked out and see a confirmation of enrollment on the screen AND receive a confirmation email.
- On the day of your appointment, arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Read the section below “What to Bring on Test Day.”
- You will receive a letter with information about your status in the selection process and instructions about your next steps, if selected. Letters will begin mailing after August 2025. Your patience is appreciated.
Orientation and Placement Test Sessions
You must REGISTER for an LVN Orientation and Placement Test session. You may only register for ONE testing session. Only REGISTERED test candidates will be admitted to the Orientation and Placement Test session.
Thank you for your interest in the 2024-2025 LVN Cohort. All Orientation and Testing Sessions are now full and links have been disabled.
Please note: This schedule is subject to change.
Testing Schedule for Class of 2024-2025:
Placement Test Location:
- 11277 Atlantic Ave, Lynwood, CA 90262
- Parking is available on site
What to Bring on Test Day:
- Test Administration fee $10 cash; you can also pay online at the time of scheduling your testing appointment.
- Government Issued Identification
- #2 Pencil
- Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE; see sample below)
- Click here to read the summary guide about Vocational Nursing on the State of California's Employment Development Department's website.
- Click here to read more about Vocational Nursing on the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook website.
Updated: 02/26/2024; SR