The Vocational Nurse course prepares the qualified individual to perform basic nursing care in the health care facility. Instruction includes both classroom and clinical training with an emphasis on the nursing process and the relationship to patient care procedures, infection control, and medication administration. The integrated curriculum includes anatomy and physiology, growth and development, and pathology as it relates to the health care needs of patients. Students receive clinical training in health care facilities. Upon successful completion of the Vocational Nursing course, students are prepared for the licensure examination offered by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
The course meets the requirements of the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
** Due to the limited size of the class, there is a selection process in order to enroll in the Vocational Nursing program. All prospective students must take a placement exam. Students who successfully complete all entrance exams will be notified by mail.
Orientation and Placement Exam schedule
You must REGISTER for an LVN Orientation and Placement Test (OPT) session. You may only register for one testing session. Only REGISTERED test candidates will be admitted to the Orientation and Placement Test session.
UPDATED February 3, 2021: Thank you for your interest in the LVN Program at LCAS.
Registration for the August 2021 class is now closed and there is NO waiting list.
Please check this website in January 2022 for information about the next round of testing sessions.
* Please note: Orientation and Placement Testing Sessions dates may change or be cancelled due to recommendations from the Public Health Department or Lynwood Unified School District Administration.
Placement Test Location:
- 11277 Atlantic Ave, Lynwood, CA 90262
What to Bring on Test Day:
- Test Administration fee
- Government Issued Identification
- #2 Pencil
- Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE; see sample below)
Parking is available in the parking lot.
- Click here to read the summary guide about Vocational Nursing on the State of California's Employment Development Department's website.
- Click here to read more about Vocational Nursing on the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook website.
Updated: 06/03/2021; ERB