Lynwood Unified honored its indispensable and inspiring classified professionals as part of Classified School Employees Week, naming three as 2023 District Classified Employees of the Year during the May 25 board meeting.
Recognized for their behind-the-scenes efforts to keep Lynwood schools running and ensuring students are supported were Marcus Morris, custodian at Helen Keller Elementary School; Michele Lawrence, senior records clerk at the Lynwood Community Adult School; and Adalberto “Al” Zavala, senior network computer specialist in the Technology and Innovation Department at the District Office.
“It is an honor and privilege to honor our Classified Employees of the Year and classified employees across the District, who range from bus drivers and health technicians to accountants and custodians and so much more,” Superintendent Gudiel R. Crosthwaite, Ph.D., said. “Every day, they serve our Lynwood students with grace, respect and diligence, always making a difference in the lives of our scholars as they do the essential work to keep our campuses safe, clean and efficient.”
Michele Lawrence, senior records clerk (Lynwood Community Adult School)
- Michele is keenly aware of students’ anxiety to return to school, making them comfortable and efficiently assisting them in the process.
- She is a true ambassador for the Lynwood Community Adult School and has been with the District for 25 years.
Adalberto “Al” Zavala, senior network computer specialist (District Office)
- Al is always eager to share his knowledge and expertise with others, providing clear explanations for complex network engineering and troubleshooting issues.
- His commitment to the school community is evident in his 20 years of service.
Marcus Morris, custodian (Helen Keller Elementary School)
- Marcus can be counted on to ensure the students and staff have a clean environment - from the drop-off zone and the cafeteria to the playgrounds and every classroom.
- He volunteers in extracurricular activities and works with the Firebaugh High School basketball team.