The Pharmacy Technician Program offered at Lynwood Community Adult School is a self-paced, online career training course.
During the course of this program, you will learn the skills and procedures commonly performed by pharmacy technicians in hospitals, retail pharmacies and pharmacy laboratories, including how to perform pharmaceutical calculation, prescription processing, drug labeling and dispensing over the counter pharmaceuticals. Upon completion of the online coursework, you will complete an internship at a local pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technicians routinely perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Collecting prescription information needed to fill prescriptions
- Measure amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Package and label prescriptions
- Organize inventory and alert pharmacists of any shortages of medications and supplies
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Answer phone calls from customers
- Click here to read the Pharmacy Technicians career overview on the State of California O-Net website.
- Click here to read more about Pharmacy Technicians on the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook website.